Your Mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Get RIDICULOUSLY patriotic and walk/run. Complete the virtual race any time between June 1 – July 4. Complete the distance you registered for and complete it wherever you want!
- Where to submit? Submit your information via runsignup.com by July 4 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
- Social Proof It! Post proof that you finished on social (GPS tracker, video, photo, or other proof). Tag @FreedomFourMiler event page and use the hashtag #VirtualPatrioticFunRun or #Freedom4MilerVirtual
- What next? Earn your spot on the leaderboards and view the results. Get ready for your swag shipment (those registered before 6/15/2020 will receive swag by end of June).
Anywhere! Your neighborhood, treadmill, trail, track. The possibilities are endless!
Date & Time
Anytime between June 1st and midnight on July 4th, Independence Day.
Course Type & Length
You can choose between a 4-Mile and 1-Mile challenge, but you’ll be in charge of deciding on your own route. If you really want to get technical, we recommend using a phone app like MapMyRun, RunKeeper or Strava to track your distance, route, and time.
Whether it’s treadmill, road, or trail, don’t forget about local social distancing guidelines!
Deck the little ones out in their most patriotic gear and get them in on the fun – Don’t forget about the COSTUME CONTEST!
Of course! Best dressed pup gets an award too!
For tracking your distance and time, you can use whatever app or system that works best for you. All we need is the finish time. We use the honor system to verify results. To report finish time, go to runsiggnup.com and follow the prompts. Submit your info by July 4 at 11:59 PM Mountain time!
View here to see how you stack up. Make sure you submit photos or videos of you completing your course. If you’d like it to be shared on social media, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the event page at facebook.com/freedom4milerCO/.
At our virtual race, you’ll earn a medal and buff for your efforts (while supplies last). These will be shipped to the address provided on runsignup.com. Each registration raises funds to support local Veterans and Veteran Service Organizations.
Once a registration is paid for, we cannot change your order. Buffs, medals & bibs will start arriving to early registrants by end of June. Registrations processed after June 15 will ship as detailed below. If your selected shirt size is out of stock, we will substitute for you.
- June 15 Deadline (shipment arrives end of June)
- Last day to register for a shirt: July 2 (shipment arrives after the holiday)
Shipping: Swag shipments may come separately
Medals: Medals must be earned by finishing the race. This helps us maintain the spirit of the traditional race experience. We’ll begin shipping medals in late June to those who reported their finish time (by the reporting deadline).
Register to Earn Your:
★ Exclusively designed 2020 Face Buff
★ Commemorative Finisher’s Medal
★ Custom-designed Timing Bib
★ Free Unlimited Entries to Costume Contest
★ That great feeling knowing that your money is going to a GOOD cause!
Patriotic Costume Contest
To be entered in the contest, simply don your MOST patriotic apparel (kids AND pets included!), and post to Facebook, or your desired social platform with the hashtag #Freedom4MilerVirtual OR email email@example.com with your pics!
Not sure what to wear? You can dress up in as simple as red, white, and blue clothing—or get as crazy as you want, as long as you’re still able to get around, of course! Think Captain America, Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, bald eagles, Washington Crossing the Delaware, etc. The more goofy, fun, light-hearted, and patriotic— the BETTER!